The three small pieces were all experiments that turned out better than I had hoped using Old Fashioned Milk Paint. The color is light cream. The square board was simply a shelf I didn't use on in a small previous table that has already been sold. I used a blow dryer to hasten the dryer of each layer. This really enhanced the crackly appearance big time! I know I could have added a bonding agent (which I have) to allow the paint to bond to the surface and not chip, but why would I do that? I was striving for ultra chippy and I got it! Woot!
Next I tried the milk paint on a piece of old floor board. From all I had read, this was supposed to chip off a lot, but it really didn't. This had a ultra glossy coat of enamel on the board so I didn't think it would adhere very well but it did better than I thought. I have two boxes of these board that I saved from a renovation project in our home, they came from an enclosed back porch that the floor was replaced. Anyway, they're a cool size for signs!
The last thing I painted with the milk paint was a cute little spice rack and it chipped off more than I thought it would but I think it looks great. It looks like it is a very old piece though it's not that old at all.
All the pieces are finished with Varathane Satin to make sure no further chipping occurs. This was a fun experiment and the challenging thing about milk paint is the fact that it IS unpredictable. I just used chalk paint for the lettering done free hand.