First I gave the bin a coat of Old White Chalk Paint, then the Antibes Green mix. I sand it quite a bit (which is easy peasy with Annie's paint) so that it was not only distressed down to the wood in places that would normally wear, but also so a good bit of white showed through. Then gave it a coat of clear wax. I know, I know, you're "supposed" to clear wax and then sand, but for some reason, I prefer sanding and making a big ole' dusty mess first. Then I tried a new technique with the dark wax making a dark glaze. I've read about it several other places and HAD to try it because sometimes I end up using too much of the dark wax and don't care for the look on everything.
SO.... I mixed the dark wax with mineral spirits, probably a ratio of 4 parts mineral spirits to 1 part dark wax. Brushes on awesomely, but if I do this again will use a bit more wax. I brushed it on and then wiped it off with an old piece of T-shirt, but it took too much off, because it needed more wax. It's all good, I'm learning this new way and really like it. So since it was watery, I brushed it on and let it set for 15 min or so, then wiped it down. It worked well. Some places I added a bit more, but like I said, when I do this again, I'll change the ratio a bit so it's thicker. MUCH easier to work with! After wiping it down to the look I wanted, I let it dry for about 10-12 hrs and then buffed. Beautiful satiny sheen, perfecto!
Check out the pics to show how it turned out. I love this piece but alas, it's at my booth in Georgetown Peddler's Mall, KY. :)